Monday 13 February 2012

Pen Tool Stuff

So last week I thought I would have a go at using the pen tool in Illustrator to make some illustrations. I used an image of an old Nintendo Zapper and using several layers created each shape individually. It was pretty straight forward seen as how the lines are mostly straight but I learnt a bit about how the colour options work differently from photoshop.
So I was pretty happy with how the final design looked and I think I'm going to continuing developing it in a poster format, probably in landscape but I'll also see how it looks in portrait and I'll make more posts as I do so. As I'm not very experienced with Illustrator I thought I would open what I've done in Photoshop and experiment by adding some lighting effects and try some background colours.
So apparently It's necessary to make sure your work fits into the canvas before transferring it onto Photoshop, who knew...

So after fixing the problem I added some lighting effects with my rather unsteady hands (I'm used to using a graphics tablet) which I wasn't very happy with in the end, I think the simpler look it had before was more what I was after.
Also had a mess around with a few colours I liked a dark green as it reminded me of hunting colours, might try and recreate a camouflage pattern to add too it. I also liked the look of a very dark red however the orange parts of the illustration were absorbed and became had to see.

Any way I'll do some more work on it and experiment with some typography and other stuff to get it looking like a poster.

No comments:

Post a Comment