Friday 8 June 2012

Final Posters Evaluation

As my work on my series of posters come to an end I'm happy overall with the work I've produced however their are definitely things I could have improved upon. Overall the style I was trying to create in my posters worked well and was pretty much exactly as I had envisioned it however i think if I were to start the project again or if I had more time to develop my designs I would have tried to add more to them to make them more interesting visually, as you can see I had attempted this in two of my designs adding a scratchy background to one and a camouflage pattern to another however these didn't really add to the designs as I had hoped they would and rather just made the designs seem messy.   

While the work effect one the background looked good on a screen once printed out it had a blurred look which really ruined the poster and made it look too busy, I was really disappointed with this and I intend to try a new background before hand in.  


This design above I my favourite and I probably the best looking of my designs. It is the only one where I used a completely new font which worked great with the 8-bit illustration. The illustration itself took the longest to create out of the rest of my work and I think I made the right decision to reduce text in this poster to the minimum and keep the attention at the illustration.


What I've learned from previous projects is that there needs to be more experimentation and further development of my designs through the use of alternative colour schemes and layouts, as you can see I have tried different colours and patterns in the background to compliment my illustrations.


I think I have progresses well through out this project by meeting my own deadlines as well as having extra time to advance my designs and add whole new segments to my development work. Getting to look back on my work was very useful as I was able to see the areas that needed to be improved that I wouldn't have been able to see previously. My personal time management on this brief went amazingly well I think however I could have set myself more deadlines and more goals as I feel I overestimated how long the project would take me.



No comments:

Post a Comment