Friday 21 December 2012

Pocket of Resistance

A friend of mine recently started a clothing company and asked me to design some t-shirts which would be comprised of the company title and an original illustration on either a black or white T-shirt.I designed three T-shirts and illustrations altogether and I'm quite happy with how they turned out.


The deadline for this project was only a week so I really had to have solid time plan for the work and know what I was going to do each day. It actually took longer than I thought as many of the illustrations I designed were simply too detailed to work on a t-shirt so I had to start with new much cleaner bolder designs. 
In the end I spent three days creating the font and illustrations and only one adding the to t-shirts and deciding which colours worked best with each design.


The decision to make the shirts black or white was very important in making the illustration stand out and work to their full potential. I found that the more complex designs worked best on a black t-shirt white the simpler ones were far more striking on white.


2 comments:

  1. pocket resistance is a good name and when it comes to drawing hands don't ask me im horrible with hands but you seem to do them so well and i have friends who like your designs and ask where we can buy these T-shirts?

    ReplyDelete